Thursday, December 21, 2017

Blessings and Birds

I'm sure that by now your shopping is done, gifts are wrapped, cards are in the mail, cookies are baked, and your home is decorated inside and out. Or, not. At any rate, my wish for you is that you take time amid all the hustle and bustle of the season to enjoy friendships, listen to music (here's a song for you that I wrote and my son-in-law Curtis Willey recorded: Mary's Christmas Curtis Willey/Linda Loegel ) , read a good book (there are so many out there), or simply linger over a cup of tea and count your blessings.

While you're at it, please take time to stop and think about the real meaning of Christmas--the baby boy that was born in a humble barn and grew to become Savior of the world. How great is that?

I'm celebrating Christmas in my new home and loving every moment of it. I'm hosting Christmas Eve for Cyndi and Bill and their family. If you're going to decorate, isn't it nice to have someone over to see your handiwork? Then, on Christmas Day, Cyndi is holding an open house that I'll be going to. Have I mentioned lately how glad I am that I'm on the East Coast and near family? Family is worth far more than year-round warm weather.

Speaking of warm weather, we had a couple of days this week in the high 60s - low 70s. I still have enough New England blood in me to say, "But it's December!" I took advantage of one of those days and put up five bird feeders. I can see three from the kitchen window and two from the living room window while I'm at the computer. Today the birds discovered them! They seemed to enjoy the seed, but probably not as much as I enjoyed having them stop by to visit. I have two bird houses yet to put up somewhere before nesting season starts. This is a view from the kitchen window; there's a bird on the right feeder. You may not be able to see him, but he's there.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a healthy and stress-free 2018.

Quote of the Day: Then pealed the bells more loud and deep/"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep/The wrong shall fail, the right prevail/With peace on earth, good will to men. I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day.



No comments: