Sunday, February 9, 2020

Wedding Dress Blues

I ordered a dress today for my wedding. Don't get too excited; it's the third one I've ordered. The first dress was the wrong size and an ugly mauve color, not pink like I'd wanted.. The second dress was the same style but in a smaller size and what was supposed to be champagne turned out to be a blah beige. 

Today's dress, hopefully, will not only fit but look nice when I get it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Tuesday Stewart is scheduled to go with his two sons to buy a suit. Let's hope he has better luck than I've had.


Whose idea is it anyway for two old people to get married at 79 and 83 years of age? We can barely get around and we're trying to plan a wedding! Thank heavens for our kids who are pitching in and doing our planning for us! 

I realize it's been a month and a half since I wrote a blog, but I have a very good reason. The first two weeks in January I was sick with bronchitis and only wanted to sit in my recliner with my fuzzy pink blanket over me, and sleep. I had no energy to sit at the computer and write a blog. Once I started to recover, Stewart went into the hospital for a week with pneumonia and a COPD flare up. No time then to sit and write a blog.  

The week that he's been home, he's fallen three times from dizziness. Doctor appointments have kept us busy, to say the least.

We're only hoping that come March 7 at two o'clock in the afternoon, we'll be well, up and on our feet, and ready to say "I do."  Like I said, getting married is for young people, not for two old codgers who need to help each other put their socks on. 


Quote of the Day: Old age is no place for sissies. Bette Davis


3 comments:

Dawnsnews said...

So glad to hear of your upcoming wedding. Congratulations Linda! What wonderful news! Hope you both get well really quick.

Gramkaiser said...

Congratulations Linda. Love is great at any age. 💚🍀 Live strong 💚🍀 Love, Ann Marie Kaiser

Linda Loegel said...

Thank you AnnMarie and Dawn. This surely is a new experience.