Thursday, November 7, 2019

It's NEVER too late!

We’ve all heard that death and taxes wait for no man. I don’t know about taxes, but I do know that when you’re dead, you’re dead and there’s no time left to finish anything on your to-do list.

I’ve also heard that if you’re still breathing, it’s not too late to write a book. If you can speak into a machine or hold a pencil or click keys on a computer, you can still write your life story or the next great novel. 📖

It’s never too late to learn to cook, to go skydiving (remember George H. W. Bush), to go back to school, or to do anything you’ve always thought about doing.

And, it’s never too late to find true love.💕 Need proof? Just ask me. Last week Stewart asked me to marry him. I’m almost 79 and Stewart is 83 so it proves there’s no expiration date on finding love and getting married.  

We've both been married twice before. Our first marriages ended in divorce and our second marriages ended in death, both in 2014. We both lived in California a great number of years (without knowing each other) and we both moved back to the East Coast to be with our families just before or just after 2014. Neither of us were looking to get married again. Been there done that. We were happy being single and concentrating on our kids.

But, we have even more in common. Stewart's son Bill is married to my daughter Cyndi. So once we tie the knot, I'll not only be Bill's mother-in-law, I'll be his stepmom. And Stewart will be Cyndi's stepdad as well as her father-in-law. It all sounds so southern hillbilly, but we're not related by blood at all, just by our children's marriage. 

And it was our children that kept putting us together at family functions so we'd have someone our own age to talk to. Little did they know that the seed they planted would blossom as it did. 💘

We have no wedding date set yet; we'll let you know when our plans are firmed up. We  have our rings and they're gorgeous.  Here's my engagement ring. Never in a hundred years would I have imagined getting engaged at this late date in my life. So remember---

It's never too late. Don't you even think about giving up hope on life and love!




Quote of the Day: Age is only a number. My mom (who went parasailing at age 77)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Linda! :D

SueP said...

How wonderful for both you and Stuart! I am thrilled!

Unknown said...

Love you guys! Maybe a wedding on a cruise ship?

Unknown said...

First, congratulations! I retired 5 months ago and I'm starting over with life, not with marriage (that's for you), but with possibilities. What a great reminder that as long as we are on this earth, there is a plan and we should never stop looking. Crystal