Monday, August 19, 2019

Saving Lou

I have good news and bad news to report. 

Let's start with the bad news. I entered Saving Lou in the Military Writers Society of America (MWSA)  2019 contest back in February. The winners were announced at 9 pm on Sunday, August 11. There were many winners but, sadly, my name wasn't among them. I threw myself a little pity party and went to bed.

Here's the good news. Even though I was not a winner, my book is listed on the MWSA web site for all to see. Also, I received a review by them that I am pleased to post here.

Linda Loegel’s Saving Lou is an interesting and absorbing story about a family coming together to survive the depression and the separation of World War II.Lou Dyson is one half of a set of twins born in 1923. However, his brother Larry doesn’t survive to leave the hospital after birth, and Lou spends his whole life comparing himself to a brother he never knew. Struggling in school and life, Lou constantly feels that his brother Larry would have done it “better.” When the nation goes to war and Lou finds himself in the Navy, will combat at sea be enough to prove to himself that his life is worth living?This book is a story of a family coming together to overcome challenges. It is filled with love, concern, and heartache as the Dyson family deals with the Great Depression and World War II on the home front. The author uses the events in history as a backdrop to illustrate the importance of family, hard work, and service to country. Fans of World War II historical fiction will find this read worthwhile.

I have also received very nice reviews on Amazon. If you haven't read Saving Lou yet, I would urge you to buy the book and spend time with Lou Dyson. The book is available in paperback, Kindle, and audio.

Now excuse me, I need to get back to my pity party.

Quote of the day: Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Mahatma Gandhi



2 comments:

Dennis Moore said...

Linda, you have no reason to be having a pity party about your book; "Saving Lou", for I for one think that it is a great book! Dennis Moore

SueP said...

And I agree with Dennis Moore completely!