Saturday, February 24, 2018

Do You Hear That?

There’s a breath of fresh air happening in the country right now. And it’s in the new term, Listening Meeting. I don’t care which party you belong to, you have to admit that a politician, or anyone, arranging a meeting to listen is a rare occurrence.

The more President Trump’s listening meeting gets talked about, the more the phrase becomes part of our culture and hopefully will take root.

Listening isn’t something we do well or do much of. I’m as guilty as the next person when it comes to waiting for an opening to voice my opinion. Listening is a lost art and the thought that President Trump is reviving that much-needed conversation tool, is refreshing indeed!

His listening meetings have been aired and talked about for a few days now. My hope is that we people will absorb that thought and make a conscious effort to do more listening. We already know what we have to say; isn’t it time we heard what others have to say?

Elijah listened to the still small voice of God. Seems to me that’s a pretty good precedent that’s been set. If that isn’t enough, remember that we’re born with two ears and one mouth, so we should do twice as much listening as speaking.


And our president is leading the way. 

Quote of the Day: Listen my children and you shall hear . . .. H. W. Longfellow

1 comment:

Kris Mordini said...

I don't have media right now so I didn't know that was happening. Sounds good and I hope it's productive.